How to make yogurt at home
3 recipes for those who monitor weight
Do you like rich dishes or fruit-filled yogurts? We will tell you how to make yogurt at home. They can replace sour cream and mayonnaise.
Home or purchase? It seems that making natural yogurt at home without special equipment is unrealistic. In fact, the process is clear and simple. And the key tools are a can, a colander, and a special thermometer. Learning to make delicious and healthy yogurt.
How to make homemade yogurt: 3 best recipes
Greek Yogurt at Home – 1St Recipe
- 4 cups of fresh milk;
- 4 tablespoons of natural yogurt;
- 2 tablespoons of cream.
How to cook:
- Heat 4 cups whole milk to 85 degrees. Then cool it to 40 degrees.
- Add 4 tablespoons of plain yogurt to milk without stirring.
- Once the milk has cooled, pour it into a clean container, and mix well.
- Close the container with a lid and place it in a pot of warm water.
- Check yogurt after 6 hours. Gently tilt the jar to make sure – the yogurt has reached the desired consistency.
- Next, take a colander and place it in a large bowl. Cover the colander with gauze on top.
- Pour the yogurt into a colander. Thick yogurt should linger in gauze.
- Roll up the cheesecloth and lay it on a flat plate. Put something heavy on top.
- Put the design in the refrigerator for several hours.
- Drain the whey and remove the thick yogurt.
Homemade yogurt in a yogurt maker – 2nd recipe
- 1 liter of milk;
- 2 tablespoons (10 g) of soluble skimmed milk powder;
- 2 tablespoons (28 g) of natural yogurt with live active cultures.
How to make yogurt at home:
- Pour milk into a stainless steel pan and add milk powder. Stir the mixture well. Milk should not boil. Boil the milk for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cover the pan and let the milk cool to 40 degrees. You can speed up the process and put the pan in ice water. But keep an eye on the temperature.
- Put the yogurt in a small clean bowl and whisk it with a glass of cooled milk. Stir and pour the mixture into the pan. Next, pour the milk into jars of yogurt makers and start the thickening process.
- Cooking can take from 4 to 22 hours. The longer you cook the yogurt, the more acidic it will turn out.
- To check homemade yogurt, you can slightly tilt the yogurt maker and observe the consistency.
- Cover the finished yogurt and refrigerate for several hours.
- If you want a thicker product, drain the whey. Moreover, without serum, yogurt lives longer.
Homemade yogurt without yogurt maker – 3rd recipe
- 4 cups of fresh milk;
- 3 tablespoons of natural yogurt.
How to make homemade yogurt:
- Pour 4 cups of milk into the pan and cook at a temperature just below the boil for 20 minutes.
- Then dip the milk pan into ice water to speed up the cooling process.
- Once the milk has cooled, stir 3 tablespoons of yogurt in it.
- Pour the mixture into warm glass jars. And leave the future yogurt in a warm place for 12 hours.
- When the product is thick enough, put it in the refrigerator.
- If you like yogurt with different flavors, add syrup, jam, or fruit to the finished dairy product.
Yogurt can be a great addition to a diet breakfast or dinner. The natural product is suitable for diets that are based on a protein diet. Remember – yogurts from stores most often contain large amounts of sugar.